Saturday, January 07, 2006

This just in! Concrete eats denim!

Well today I was going by Abercrombie and Fitch when I realized that they had some cool new polos out. I checked them out and I went through the store and I found the Jeans. Well, I am a Jeans guy. I will wear them in Summer over Shorts and I checked out a cool pair of jeans.


I saw that they were pre washed and sand-paper worned, which made the jeans less casual, easier to rip, and more preppie, which is what I like.

I then saw the price tag.


What did that price tag say?

198 dollars.

Yes. $198.99 cents.

A whole wall of jeans that were all just under 200 dollars. They had holes, were sandpapered, and were worn, and they were 200 dollars.

I was shocked and thought it was a mistype until I saw the other jeans on the wall, which were equally expensive. I looked around some more and found another rack of jeans. Now these jeans had huge knee holes in them and had broken belt straps in the waste to look really worn-in. You couldn't even wear a belt on them right. They wouldn't last more than a month, I thought. The price? Bleh....120 dollars.

Basically, I want to make this statement. If you have ever spent over a hundred dollars on a single pair of Denim jeans for any label, you are stupid. Sorry for the name calling, but really, if you are going to buy a few pairs of cheap jeans for the price of a downpayment of a porsche, you REALLY need to reevaluate what is important to you.

*Also take note that I DID buy 3 pairs of Jeans that day for 38 dollars each at American Eagle. Also take note that he is exploiting the people who buy expensive jeans, because he owns stock in A&F and has ironically gotten enough profit from the stock to buy one pair of A&F jeans.





No comments: